April Snow Showers

April 7th, 2011

Scratch that… April blizzards. I think we might have let the desert a little too early!

From nws.noaa.gov….

Friday: A chance of rain and snow showers before 11am, then snow showers likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 44. Breezy, with a south southwest wind 11 to 14 mph increasing to between 21 and 24 mph. Winds could gust as high as 38 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.

Friday Night: Snow showers. Low around 33. South wind 14 to 17 mph decreasing to between 5 and 8 mph. Winds could gust as high as 28 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 5 to 9 inches possible.

Saturday: Snow showers. High near 38. West southwest wind between 11 and 15 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.

8 Responses to “April Snow Showers”

1. Brent says:

Ha, we’ve been thinking the same thing. Left south New Mexico a couple of weeks ago for Utah and are getting the exact same weather. Sitting in Escalante at an RV Park at the moment so that we can plug in and use the space heater. Where are you guys?

Oh.. Utah. Nice! I so want to go there. It seems like such a great place. It’s at the top of my list of places to visit. I’ll be quizzing you about your favorites parts later.

We have been boondocking in the Prescott National Forest for the last week. It is a beautiful place to have a blizzard. No joke!

2. Nicole says:

That’s chilly! We would usually be in CO right now dealing with snow, but not this year! We haven’t even left Q yet. Waited for the storm to pass. Today looks like a good day…..or maybe tomorrow. How ya liking where your at?

I thought you two avoided snow like it was plague.

Did you end up going to laugh in?

We are chilling in the Prescott NF. We will probably be in this area for a while. The forest is beautiful, the vibe is nice, the hikes are long, and town seems like it might be interesting.

3. cyberhobo says:

I backtracked to the Tetons for a weekend – 42″ of new snow here so far this month!

4. your mom says:

Are you telling me you are AZ? Just worried about you since I have not heard from you for a while. It sounds like you have been sick for a while. Hope you are feeling better soon.
    It is getting hot and humid here in Florida. Dad is in TN, but will be back down for a couple weeks for Easter.
    Kiss my grand daughter Rain for me.
    Love Mom

Yup Yup. And man is it cold. Thanks for the update. Thanks, doing much better, but still have lingering cough. Is dad driving down with Joyce? Lots of kisses. Love you!