Four Years!

December 1st, 2011

As of December 1st, we have been living in a truck camper, full-time, for a total of four years. I had to change the title of the post. It is no longer “X Years Of Two People And Two Cats In 200 Hundred Square Feet”. We got a new member last year and lost one this year. That post name wasn’t honest anyway. Our floorspace is 11.4′ x 8′ and the bedroom is 7 x 8. It’s closer 120 square feet, and we make the most out of every square inch.

This is becoming a bi-yearly holiday for us. It appears that we neglected to celebrate our third year, but here is our post from two years ago: Two Years Of Two People And Two Cats In Two Hundred Square Feet 91.2

17 Responses to “Four Years!”

1. Cyndi says:

And to think the best is yet to come!

I’m really happy to have met you and hope I get to share a bit of timeout on the road with you!

Thanks, CyberHobo! You and the Mrs. are going to be celebrating your second roadaversary in just a couple of months, right? I bet you two have done and seem twice as much as we have in half the amount of time. At the very least, you are a heck of a lot better at documenting it than we are. You always have interesting photos of places and things that we have never heard of.

We hope to cross paths with you someday.

It sure doesn’t feel like it. It feels so natural and normal. It almost seems like time has stood still.

I hope you guys are having a splendid time in Thailand. Johnny is very jealous of the fact that you guys are eating Thai every single night and he is not ;).

2. Congrats guys.. and happy nomadiversary!

3. John says:

Will it ever end? Do you guys plan to ever not be homeless? I think I will always stay mobile and never plant my roots again. There must be some Gypsy blood in me. Congrats on making it 4 years and still going!

4. Awesome! Bi-yearly holiday that’s funny. I think this year is the first that I even mentioned our “departure” date. We’re all to busy living!

lol. It only comes once a year and I am still too busy to remember it. Can’t wait to see you guys again. We should be in the area soon. Then, we are going to kidnap you and smuggle you to Baja!

5. Neat-o! You make me feel excessive, for sure. We gaze longingly at smaller accommodations, and truck campers have the one floor plan we like best.

Ducky wishes for your fifth year!

Bah. You know the old adage; it’s not the size of the camper but the… hmmm how did that go again? Oh well. What truck camper floor plan are you looking at? If we could do it all over, we would go 9ft or less, no slide, and a couch. Other than that, we love our 1140 floor plan.

Thanks for the warm wishes!